Now is the time to plant a variety of trees, shrubs and flowers to give them a good head start before the cold months of winter arrive. That is a lot to do with most of our busy schedules. Many people choose to depend on professionals to plan and complete all of their landscaping for them. If you are considering professional landscaping for your yard you might not realize the many environmental benefits of a carefully planned landscape:
- Trees moderate the amount of heat created by extensive paved areas. Lawns can cool a home at the same rate as a one-ton air conditioner and also trap dust, absorb noise and provide a comfortable living area for children and adults.
- One tree removes 26 pounds of carbon dioxide from the air every year and releases about 13 pounds of oxygen-enough for a family of four on a daily basis.
- Plants reduce noise pollution up to 50 percent.
- Plants control runoff and erosion. They allow soil to absorb water, returning it to aquifers… decreased runoff means less flooding.
- Lawns slow the spread of wildfires to homes.
- Plants provide food and habitat for wildlife, which contributes to biodiversity and a healthier environment.
- Landscaping creates green space for human rest, recreation and renewal.
Simply contact us and we will be happy to discuss what we can do to help you achieve these benefits.